Churchills, a Karl Goldthorpe run company filed for liquidation last year. Many investors lost money in what has been described by a top city solicitor as "an obvious large scale fraud". This blog is designed to inform other victims and interested parties in the sorry history of this affair. We would also like fellow victims to post their own story, as a comment, so that there is a single site with the whole story presented.

Friday 6 February 2009

Recent Developments

Over the latter part of last summer we talked to a top city law firm.  They immediately indicated an obvious fraud and told us to find out if the directors of Churchills had assets that we could go for in a civil action.  Our investigation revealed a trail of asset hiding, and even though Karl Goldthorpe (MD of Churchills) at the time, personally owned, often with other members of his family, seven (!) properties there was no large sum of money we could touch.  Civil action did not therefore seem possible.  So we began to press for a criminal investigation.  Many victims have, and are, giving statements to the Police and Karl Goldthorpe is currently on bail as the investigation proceeds.  

This year we have also been in contact with the media.  The story should break in the press very soon and we will post any links to the story when it appears.

9 comments:

  1. My Investment was with Crichton Property Developments, headed by Christopher Tonkinson, who is no longer returning my calls. I invested £7500.00 and appear to have lost the lot - the article in today's Mail on Sunday 08/02/09 suggests Mr. Tonkinson is heavily linked to this alleged Churchill's Fraud,are people able to clarify the link and have you considered Watchdog as a way forward ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I visited the Tahkuranna Beach Resort 11th February. Met up with Siiri Raadik who showed me around the site and pointed out the plot of land that in theory I own. However following a Land Registry Check it would appear that the name of the Developer remains on the Registry not my own. There has been some development on the plots which I understand has been done by Siiri's building company which also seems to be owed money by the Developers which is basically Churchill - very disappointing to see how they have dragged what I believe to be very honest local Estonia people into their subterfuge and fraudulent activities. I have contacted a local law firm in Parnu to understand better what the options are around getting my name on the Registry but I would say specifically about the Tahkuranna plots that they are in a very nice place, they do exist, there are approx 4 log cabins completed with residents ready to move in and 3 horrible and incomplete single story concrete flats that would be best served by being pulled down. It has a feel of being abandoned but I really do not think that is the case - in the summer I think the area will really sparkle. I will post further information once I receive more details from Siiri and the Legal Company.
    Jonathan A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went into Newport Police Station today. Karl Goldthorpe has been rebailed until August 2009. No surprises there.
    CB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have now all the paperwork I need from my agent , should I take it to the local police or have you a contact London police?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Goldthorpe (senior) family have just sold their school so that it won't be involved in the collapse of Karl - where is the money going?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have (or had) a video taken by Russell Thompson which shows that Tahkuranna floods badly. I certainly wouldn't believe that it will a popular place to live...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Goldthorpe family only sold the rights to use the school name. The current principle of the school is renting the property - the building still belongs to the Goldthorpes. If you saw how they have let the building go they'll lose on it anyway if it has to be sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karl has set up a new business as a holiday broker.....selling holidays to the public!! Although on his contact me page he cant spell holiday.

    My Luxury Holidays
    Not Just Travel
    47 High Street
    Shanklin, PO37 6JJ
    England, UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karl Goldthorpe has also from my sources been left by his wife and is now living back with his mum and dad..........

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

We are a group of three investors who have lost money to the Churchills fraud. This blog gives background information about the fraud and about action being taken against the perpetrators